Sunday, August 1, 2010

Getting the trailer ready for the reno


Well, even though the trailer is away getting the axle pushed back a foot, there is still some stuff I can do. On Saturday first thing I had to get the deck off the trailer. Was not sure how I was going to get this done but then Tim came out and asked him to help me push it up on its side. Then I was able to get to the underside and get the bolts off and kick the top deck off. Dad came and hooked on to the trailer and we took it to Mickie's and Paul's where Paul is going to move the axle 12" back. I will feel much better knowing it is where it should be for this project. Instead of welding the fender back on, Paul is going to weld on brackets so I can bolt the fenders back on instead of having them there permanently. This way while I am building the camper part, I can have the fender off and out of my way. He also mentioned that he has rounded fenders so I may swap out the square ones for the rounded one? We will see. Also, since I am getting this done, I asked him to weld 2 cross members on the tongue just for added security and if I want to add a utility box on the front, I will have those as well.

1 comment: