Monday, November 15, 2010

Last day of the 5 day weekend!

All the painting is done! 3 coats of primer, 2 coats of marine paint on the whole camper and 2 coats of black paint on the trim. Half the weight of the camper is going to be with the paint!! lol

Really happy how it looks. There are a few places where the black bleed, but for the most part the lines are really crisp. The interior trim is finished on the windows as well and started installing the door hardware. Got an interesting surprise with the power panel. I thought that the 12v lights would only work off the battery but because I needed light in the sleeping cabin, where I have a regular light, hooked up the shore power. I thought for shits and giggles I would try the galley dome light and it came on?! Then I tried the porch light and the same thing? Went to the front of the camper just to make sure I did not hook up the battery, no, not hooked up! Love my electric panel!





Took the rims and fenders to Bob's(brother) for sandblasting. A friend soaked the rims for 4 days in a special bath, but there was still a lot of crude on them. Thanks for trying though Jamie!

The to do list is getting really small!!

1 comment: