Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 3 of a 5 Day weekend

I am right on schedule for the plan of the weekend. Actually, thanks to Dad, I am even a little further then where I thought I would be by this time. Got the last of the trim on the bottom of the camper installed. There are now 3 coats of primer and the first coat of marine paint on the camper. The color is called Carver White, a really light grey! Really shinny, I really like it!!!!




The door is all trimed out as well. It should not leak? I epoxied the interior of the door and the jamb. It will be tested in the spring!



Dad installed the tail lights, the license plate light, hooked up the battery back to the electric panel, wired the porch light and the galley light. He also installed the gas shocks on the galley hatch. Unfortunately they are not strong enough to hold the lid up but they assist in the lifting and stop the lid from crashing down. It only needs a little support to keep it up. I will figure something out. I turned the lights out in the garage to see what kind of light I would get from the galley light and the porch light. Unfortunately the pics do not give it justice!





Dad ran the battery cable through a piece of plastic tubbing from the front, underneath the trailer and then brought it up through the galley to run it to the electric panel. You don't see it right now but my neighbor manufactured a battery tray and it will be sitting on the tongue of the trailer where you see the wires come out. It looks great!



By the end of the weekend, there will be 2 more coats of marine paint and all the trim will be painted black. Got the rims back from a friend who gave them an acid bath. They did not get too clean so I am not sure yet whether I am going to get them sandblasted as well or just paint them as is. Kind of eager to see what she is going to look like on her wheels!

Things left to do after this weekend, inside window trim, galley cabinets and sleeping cabin cabinets, paint and install batter tray and box, paint and install the finders again, if I decide to get the rims sandblasted, paint and install the wheels, install stereo and speakers, get curtains made(Mom:-)) and last but not least the mural on the back. That is about it! Wow!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment