Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Turning into a Caviar Camper......

I originally said I was building this camper with Caviar tastes on a Tuna Budget!! My original idea for the camper was bare bones minimum. Then as my project progressed, I pondered power? Then I pondered AC or DC or both?? Got a deal on Ebay for an electric distribution panel with a charging unit built in! Went for both AC/DC power! Going to be nice if I go camping at a National Wilderness Park, will still be able to have my coffee and limited lights or if I go to a private campground(with AC hookups) will have full power capability. Maybe down the road will look at going the next level with a solar panel?

Then the question came, easy hookup with a cord that comes outside to plug into an outlet at the campground or get a real hookup attached to the outside of the camper and step it up a level. Stepped it up a level!!

Started thinking about sound, lookout Ebay!! Found an RV- AM/FM CD unit. Put a bid on it, increased the max bid once, twice and resisted a third time. WOW, won the unit at a reasonable delivered price! I am a little over what I wanted to spend on the whole project but, have added a few features that will not only add value to this camper but enjoyment as well!!

Took last weekend off from doing anything to the camper but found it was driving me crazy! I have to get out to the garage and get back at it. I hope to have the power all wired this weekend and maybe start on securing the roof. Have everything I need, just have to get at it. Was kinda waiting for Dad to get home to help? But then thought, what is the worst that could happen? I screw it up and have to start over. Oh well, I know I can do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment