Sunday, September 19, 2010

Galley is in!

For the last 2 weeks I have been busy painting the interior and the galley components! The galley is now in and not lookin too bad if I say so myself. Also got the electrical panel in and the electric outlets put in place. They are not wired yet though! Still waiting for the Shore power inlet I ordered through ebay to get here. (little tip: if you find the pic's too small, click on them and you will get a much larger pic and can see details much better)


My neighbor has built me a nice battery tray for the front of the trailer to sit on the tongue, he is going to weld the corners and drill some holes in it for me! He has also given me a piano hinge for the door and made some suggestions of how to weather proof it. He wants to build one himself but his wife is not too keen on the idea! That's OK, he can live vicariously through me on this project. He has really given me some great suggestions!

I also got the exterior porch light installed and



the 2 interior(DC) lights installed as well as 2 AC outlets in the sleeping area. The wires you see hanging on the left side of the top picture are the wires from the porch light. I am getting some 16 guage wire to connect them back to the electical panel. I have lots of room left in the electrical panel but I am sure as time goes on, I will be adding to the camper. The window on the floor is the one that will be going in the door.


I also got the door prepared with the window opening cut out and the first coat of paint in the interior side of it. Finished prepping the other side of the camper where the other window is going to be installed and place the window in that spot. My helper was inspecting my work!


I will be at a standstill for the next few weeks. Going house sitting for Mom and Dad. Besides that, I also am going to need some help from Dad so I have to wait for him to get back. The next steps will be to do the wiring and then work on getting the door finished, install the roof, get the galley hatch cut out, install the hatch and handle hardware, finish installing the window and door, epoxy the exterior, trim it all out(interior/exterior), paint the exterior and last but I am sure not least, build some cupboards in the galley. There are a few steps in there that have been missed I am sure!

Anyway, stay tuned for more to come.....:)

2 comments:

  1. your having sooo much fun jules...i love watching the posts you put on but i need to come for a visit soon to see for myself lol Heather xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good. Can't wait to see it when it is finished...Meghan

    ReplyDelete