Sunday, September 5, 2010

Big Visable Milestones are almost finished

In the next few weeks, the large milestones will almost be done. Getting down some of the nitty gritty, where you will not be able to SEE major progress but it will happen!

On Thursday morning did a quick check on kijiji. WOW, listed a New RV mattress, 48" X 72"! $50.00 no tax!! I was as a bit worried it may be too wide as the cabin is only 46.5" but figured I could squeeze it in there. Left work early with my car pool folks to get it. DOUBLE WOW. It is perfect, not only does it fit just snug, but it is 6" thick and is a true mattress, not a foam mattress. It may be more comfortable then my home bed? Will have to wait and see??
On Friday, got the first coat of Varathane on interior walls. Did not get too much of anything else done because we had to get ready for Hurricane Earl! Fun, NOT!!!!!!!

Saturday morning and Hurricane Earl is just starting to kick up. Decided it might be a good idea to sand down the interior so I could put a second coat on. Good idea accept, I did not realize how slippery the back steps are when they are wet! Slipped off the fourth step from the bottom!! Thank god I have lots of cushion on the posterior end, but if does not negate the fact that it still hurts!! Tjis said she thought she heard a thud outside??? Needless to say between the Hurricane and falling, did not get anything done on Saturday!

Well, it is Sunday morning and am stiff as hell from the fall. Decided I have to get out there and start doing something!!!! Spent a whole day(Saturday) doing nothing, time to make up for it! First on the list is to sand down the interior from the first coat. Did not get enough Varathane so ran up to Home Hardware to get some more. While there, decided to get a gallon instead of a pint. Also saw some Cherry Wood Stain and thought it might be good for the Galley? Not sure yet if I will do that or not? After I had all the sanding done, decided to start working on the Galley. Roughed it all in and I think it will work out great!


Mom and Dad stopped in tonight by Surprise. Oh so glad they did! Got a chance to show Dad what I was doing and pick he brain!! He gave me a great suggestion about how to get the mattress in and out after everything is built. I am really going to need Dad now to help me with the fine issues on this project. His timing is perfect...

This is why the title of this blog is "Big Visible Milestone are almost finished". Short of finishing the Galley and the hatch, Large visible milestones are almost finished. Please stay tuned though, there will be lots more to fill you in on until I take her for her first trip? Starting to think of a name???? ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! Either on this blog or on my Face Book Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment